Software Engineer - Working for a global Insurance company in the Lloyds of London Market Group (no industry experience required)
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
• Writing high quality, clean code
• Resolving technical design challenges
• Understanding the business goals and translating them into code
• Work with the Principal technologists on upgrading the IT infrastructure to latest versions so the QBE has the latest and greatest of the technology infrastructure
• Working with the demand and supply to develop work and resource forecasts for the applications delivery support
• Manage the continuous improvement of development processes and methodologies
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
• Strong background of development projects and technology stacks
• A good working/demonstrable knowledge of XP, Clean Code, Design Patterns and Code Smells
• Understands full SDLC and ALM
• The advantages and disadvantages of Micro Services
• One of more of Jest, Enzyme, Mocha or Jasmine and TDD/BDD practices for React and NodeJS
• Event based programming paradigms
Employee Value Proposition:
New DevOps environment.
Brand new London offices
Options to work 3 days a week from home
Job Title: Software Engineer - React NodeJS - Insurance
Location: London, UK
Rate/Salary: 60000.00 - 80000.00 GBP Yearly
Job Type: Permanent
Trading as TEKsystems. Allegis Group Limited, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. 2876353. Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.