Software Engineer - Liquidity Trade Processing
Our clients increasingly require highly adoptable straight through processing systems managing ever evolving business landscape, which is driving a re-architecture of our current platforms. The Liquidity Trade Processing team is looking for software developers who can deliver technology solutions to enable new business activities, allow businesses to scale up, and satisfy the needs of a wide range of functions.
We are a highly innovative team building an architecture from scratch, and we take full ownership of our systems. The projects that you work on will contribute to creating a set of platforms, services and APIs that can be used for multiple business needs, and which you will help design, build and deliver.
This role will enable you to grow technical depth and expertise, and you will be working closely with senior technical experts. You will also have the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of liquidity products and their life cycle.
The technologies we use are broad, with our technology stack consisting of at least Java, SQL, Scala, C/C++, and Slang (an in-house language similar to Python). We are building large scale distributed ecosystem that can process trades in near real time and deliver to services such as confirmation, payments and settlements, clearing, global regulators and distribute information to various firm functions in near real time and over OLAP/Big Data platforms. A willingness to learn new languages, technologies and the business, and apply best software development practices will be key to your success in this role.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Participate in the design, development, testing, roll out and documentation of our systems.
- Work closely with business users and other developers globally.
- Understand the business domain and requirements.
- Design and implement scalable APIs for trade processing and data distribution across asset classes.
- Design and implement high through put real time services and/or large scale big data solutions across asset classes.
- Work in a highly innovative technical team with plenty of opportunity to improve and grow your technical skills.
- See your changes directly impact the business.
- Professional experience in coding and OO design - Java
- Experience of C/C++ will be beneficial
- Experience in relational or NoSql databases.
- Strong technical, analytical and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and apply new technical and functional skills.
Experience with developing services and solutions over Cloud platforms is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity