Software Engineer - Global Credit Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Global Credit Technology organization is a global team responsible for the technology needs of multiple businesses in the Micro businesses within Global Markets Division -- including Credit, Mortgages, Municipals, Emerging Markets, and Bank Loans. We build systems that enable cross-asset & multi-strategy coverage of our clients, and allow the firm to assess value and manage risk.
We are looking to grow our team with motivated and experienced technologists who are eager to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will be responsible for building new and innovative Trading solutions in addition to enhancing our existing trading systems and desktop applications. We have a deep pipeline of business driven project requests aimed at automating trading workflows and increasing competitive advantage in servicing our clients' needs.
Our team utilizes a rich software stack comprised of both open-source and the firm's risk management platform - Slang & SecDb. We use Java to build distributed services that communicate over TIBCO Rendezvous (RV), Apache Kafka, or via REST and Websockets (Vert.X). Our architecture's middle tier leverage in-memory data grids and caching systems (i.e. Hazelcast). We utilize ReactJS to build modern desktops for market making, market data aggregation, trade booking, risk, and data analytics.
The candidate will have a unique opportunity to learn the Credit business through close interactions with traders, sales, strategists, business/franchise managers, and collaborating engineers. How will you fulfill your potential?
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
- Opportunity to learn and utilize different software stacks, in-house and open source, to build distributed server side and desktop solutions
- Opportunity to acquire in depth knowledge of trading workflows
- Play a big part in design and implementation in a team oriented environment
- Interact directly with the business and other tech teams to build innovative trading solutions
- Considerable growth potential for highly motivated developers
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 1+ years of software engineering experience
- Expertise in object oriented language (preferably Java)
- Motivation to learn about trading workflows and fixed income markets capital markets
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Great communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience building distributed trading systems
- Knowledge of fixed income capital markets and trading workflows
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity