Software Engineer - Distribution - GIR Technology
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 23 Feb 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Enabling Goldman Sachs' research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they choose. GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy.
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, turn data into business intelligence, personalize the experience for our clients. The Goldman Sachs Investment Research division is undergoing a digital transformation. You'll join the team as we embark on the next generation of our digital platform hosted in the cloud. Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. The Goldman Sachs Investment Research division is undergoing a digital transformation. You'll lead a regional team as we embark on the next generation of our digital platform, with a strong emphasis on interactive HTML5 media, business intelligence, multi-channel content distribution and recommendation engines. Many greenfield opportunities await the successful candidate which will be built upon a proven foundation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- As a team lead, you will be responsible for the management of a team responsible for building a green field research distribution platform.
- We work on a diverse set of Technology platforms and find where their interests lie.
- We sit with our business users and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face.
- 10+ years' relevant commercial experience
- Team management
- Strong focus on product development and delivery
- A strong analytical and problem solving mind-set
- Proven record of working across the full product lifecycle: requirements clarification and analysis, producing high level and detailed designs, implementing complex Java modules and providing support
- Willingness to collaborate with our business partners to understand and implement their requirements
- Agile methodologies
- Use of an object-oriented language and a familiarity of design patterns
- Experience working in a global team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.