Software Engineer - Controllers Engineering (M&P)
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
In Controllers Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us: a high return for the right risk taken.
Controllers Engineering focus on calculating and reporting important financial metrics for the firm such as P&L(Profit and Loss), Balance Sheet and the firm's Capital Requirements.
M&P (Metrics & Planning) are a Controllers engineering team focusing on using these metrics and explore their potential by providing analytics and reporting on top of those metrics to various stakeholders of the firm, including the Executive Office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKLLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- End-to-end systems development from requirements analysis to coding, testing, UAT, implementation and maintenance, in an Agile environment
- Develop high level/detailed technical designs, testing strategies, and implementation plans
- Identify and understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Identify opportunities for cross-divisional collaboration and reuse of common solutions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Strong Full-stack technical design and development skills and experience.
- Strong programming experience in an object-oriented language (e.g. Java, C++, C#, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of relational and non-relational databases, including database design
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Comfortable with defining project roadmaps, milestones, and deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical & business audiences and working globally
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in finance preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity