Software Engineer - Android
Join us as a Software Engineer
What you'll do
- We're looking for a driven Software Engineer to take on an exciting new career challenge, specialising in Android customer mobile software
- You'll have the opportunity to build a wide network of stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- It's a chance to hone your existing technical skills and advance your career
In your new role, you'll engineer and maintain innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust solutions.
You'll work within a feature team and use extensive experience to engineer software, scripts and tools that are often complex, as well as liaising with other engineers, architects and business analysts across the platform.
The skills you'll need
- Produce complex and critical software rapidly and of high quality which adds value to the business
- Work in permanent teams who are responsible for the full life cycle, from initial development, through enhancement and maintenance to replacement or decommissioning
- Collaborate to optimise our software engineering capability
- Design, produce, test and implement our working code
- Work across the life cycle, from requirements analysis and design, through coding to testing, deployment and operations
You'll need a background in software engineering, software design, architecture, and an understanding of how your area of expertise supports our customers.
You'll also need:
- Experience of working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis
- Coding experience in multiple programming languages, specifically Android - Java and Kotlin
- Experience of DevOps and Agile methodology and associated toolsets and methodologies
- A background in solving highly complex, analytical and numerical problems
- Experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance