The C&IS Technology Department is looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, nimble, and pragmatic individual with a digital mind-set to join our team as a Software Engineer/Developer. What You Will Do:
As an engineer within our team, you will be responsible for collaborating with business stakeholders and writing quality, accurate, testable code along with the right architecture. You will work with a geographically dispersed, agile team to effectively translate requirements into solutions and seamlessly interface with business partners and technical staff. We are looking for an individual that has experience in the full stack, front to back architecture and engineering of an application with a passion for growing skills as well as solving complex and challenging problems. The ideal candidate should demonstrate some of the following qualifications:
• A College or University degree in Computer Science or a related field of study or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated experience with computer applications & systems
• Demonstrated understanding of DevOps concepts and best practices - developing and delivering products in a collaborative, agile team environment
• Working knowledge of Java, Java web applications, and modern Spring Frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services, Spring Security, etc.)
• Demonstrated understanding of Object Oriented technology and standard Java development frameworks, including OOD and OOP skills
• Demonstrated experience with modern web application frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, Drupal, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience in using IDEs like Eclipse 3.x, IntelliJ IDEA
• Strong collaboration and communication skills
• Demonstrated experience working with microservice architectures
• Demonstrated experience with containerization and container orchestration technologies (e.g. Kubernetes)
• Demonstrated experience implementing a role-based security model and configure permissions and privileges
• Demonstrated experience developing enterprise applications that support high traffic volumes
• Hands-on experience with cloud platforms (PCF, AWS, Azure, GCP)
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.