Join IHS Markit's Product Development and Delivery group, the area of IHS Markit responsible for the software development of commercial products. Drawing on a global network of software development experts this exciting area is rapidly expanding to meet the needs of our complex and sophisticated product line. Your Role
To join a development team working on market leading energy asset products. Be part of the team supporting and developing products including the development and migration of the applications to the cloud. Existing experience of AWS would be great advantage but is not essential (and provides a great opportunity for developers wanting to gain experience of creating and developing in AWS).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work as part of an agile development team to design and build code to support the product roadmap.
- Collaborate with the product manager and internal product experts to implement specialist modelling processes and UI.
- Contribute ideas to the teams ongoing improvement process
- Be part of the ongoing development and migration to the cloud, using/learning the latest Azure and AWS cloud infrastructure to support builds, deployments and operation.
- Continuously develop your development and product knowledge.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's in computer science, related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years or more professional experience of software development and database design
- Thorough knowledge of technologies including Web, C#/.NET, .NET core, Web APIs, Angular
- Experience and knowledge with SQL (any flavour)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a project/program team
- Able to collaborate and share knowledge with the team
- Flexible around office based and UK remote working (happy to discuss this at interview)
- Knowledge of the full SDLC and agile development methodology
- Desire to keep up to date with changing technology (support provided for internal training)
- Knowledge of AWS, docker/cloud or Terraform would be an advantage (but not essential)
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.