- Jun 02, 2021
Software Engineer - Fantastic opportunity to join one of the Big4 Tech companies - Software Engineering - Competitive salary & benefits
The main function of a software engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. A typical software engineer researches, designs, develops and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific and general computing applications. Job Responsibilities:
* Review and approve the modification of existing databases and database management systems.
* Instruct staff to write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of the database to the management system.
* Direct database development and approve project scope and limitations.
* Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish projects.
* Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
* Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems.
* Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information. Skills:
* Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Expert ability to work independently and manage one's time.
* Expert mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
* Expert knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
* Expert ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issues.
* Expert knowledge of computer hardware and software.
* Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to systems, such as SQL, VisualBasic, etc. Education/Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.