End Date Salary Range
£45,423 - £50,470 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
Our aim is to create a forward-thinking engineering culture that supports the business in delivering high quality, efficient and positive impact outcomes for customers.
At Lloyds we're motivated by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Over the last few years, we've grown our number of active online banking users to 14.5 million and our mobile users to over 9 million.
We're committed to continuing to deliver a leading customer experience by improving our digital capabilities, providing personalised propositions and building on our multi-channel model.
We're embarking on a bold transformation program supported by over £3bn in strategic investment to improve customer experiences, digitise the Group, maximise our capabilities and transform our ways of working as we progress on our journey to build the Bank of the Future
Do you want to drive cultural change at the UK's largest digital bank?
As a Developer/Software Engineer, you'd be part of our Group Transformation Customer Communications Team responsible for the creation & delivery of over 750m customer communications each year, across multiple channels
These exciting roles will place the you at the heart of a vibrant and successful team driving forward LBG customer communications transformation & digitization. Don't worry if you feel you don't meet all of our criteria - we're really looking for passionate & dynamic individuals with a real desire to work in a software engineering role!
We have opportunities based in both Halifax (West Yorkshire) and London with travel to other sites as required. Applicants will be expected to on-site 3 to 4 days per week to support collaborative delivery using Agile frameworks. Could you help us make it possible?
It's an exciting time to join us as we're investing in our people, data and platforms with £3bn over the next three years. We'll give you training in our tools, our change approach, a strong development community to support you and the opportunity to develop your career. So what are we looking for in you?
We'll be specifically looking for these skills on your CV:
- You're a dynamic and adaptable individual - able to quickly understand our business and how best to use our tools in the best way to meet our customer needs
- You being keen to make a difference & challenge the norm to find new ways to design & develop features that add real value to our Customers
- You'll understand the importance of Design & will have insight into how best to craft our customer communications to deliver mandatory & discretionary messages in the right way
What else could you bring with you?
- You having experience of working in a developer/engineer role within a vibrant change team or maybe you'll just feel that your passion for technology and mix of skills are flawlessly aligned to a career in Engineering
- You having knowledge of diversity of the banking customer communications & as to how these support day-to-day banking & key life events (such as taking out a Mortgage etc)
- You'll be used to working with a variety of tools & will have had exposure to/or an understanding of how to develop in VB.Net, Java, HMTL etc.
- You'll work with data/databases and understand different data formats & will have a good grasp of how metadata can You'll drive feature functionality
- You're understanding of enterprise change methodologies/processes and a keen desire to learn how to develop within an Agile framework
- You may have worked with industry Customer Communications Management software such as Pitney Bowes EngageOne or equivalent or have a proven understanding of how these tools are used
- Forward-thinking ideas & innovation - we want hardworking people that will challenge the norm & help us build the Bank of the future
- You're real customer focus with a vision for how LBG customer communications should be transformed to meet the needs of today's/tomorrow's customers
- You're good interpersonal skills, the ability to explain complex technical matters to a non-technical audience
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your dream, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
We're also passionate about diversity and providing sincere equal opportunities...
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus between 10% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you passionate about joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you... At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.