- Permanent, Full time
- Anson McCade
- London, England, United Kingdom
- GBP150000 - GBP250000 per annum + bonus
- Full time
My client is a leading scientifically driven investment manager, who do things a little differently. Since they were formed nearly 20 years ago they have used data science and technology to develop insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide.
Their team of scientists, technologists and researchers look beyond customary finance to understand the bigger picture and develop innovative solutions to global financial problems. Their work spans across markets and industries, from science and securities to private investments and new ventures.
This model-driven, technology-fueled approach to investing not only gives them a long-term advantage over traditional investors - it has also created a whole set of technical anomalies to solve that don't always have an obvious solution. This gives Engineers the ongoing opportunity to build proprietary solutions. They have created a robust infrastructure that empowers all of their engineers, and you will work within a collaborative work culture that ensures that a great idea can come from anywhere.
- Identify and build capabilities in a wide variety of domains including data transformation and visualization, performance optimization, cloud computing, and distributed systems.
- Architect, design, and develop key quantitative tools and platform enhancements to extend our business
- Spearhead innovation through the discovery, definition, execution and delivery of high value products, tools, and services
- Coordinate and build relationships across a wide variety of functional areas (quantitative research, business operations) and locations Europe, US and Asia
- Advanced degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline.
- 2+-years programming experience (structured and OO) with one or more languages such as; Python, Java, C++ or Go.
- Extraordinary programming skills combined with expertise in data structures and algorithms.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale distributed systems.