Software Development Manager
DESCRIPTION You will join the team that supports and develops the technology for our popular streaming features such as Live View, to connect customers to their Ring video doorbells and security cameras. Our goal is to ensure a fast and reliable streaming and playback experience, alongside building solutions and supporting new products that help Ring on their mission to make neighbourhoods safer.
A day in the life
This particular role is an opportunity to innovate on the customer experience and top feature performance for our cameras and doorbells. You will work with your development team to design, develop and test various technical options, and will take responsibility for the final set of services in production.
Your technical leadership will guide the team to deliver a high performing experience that Ring's customers love.
About the hiring group
At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security.
• Build, enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team
• Own the overall systems development lifecycle
• Execute against project plans and deliver committed results in a timely manner
• Manage day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Manage departmental resources, staffing, and mentoring
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical designs
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
• Maintain and enhance software frameworks for development
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Extensive experience with hands-on software development
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience in, at least, one Object Oriented programming language
• Experience working with distributed systems or applications
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting and problem solving skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with primary AWS offerings such as EC2, ELB, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
• Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture
• Experience with video streaming technologies such as WebRTC or HLS