Software Development Manager
DESCRIPTION The IMDb TV team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth's most customer centric ad supported premium free video service and make it trivially easy for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. We have learned that customer's love IMDb TV so we are expanding our new team in London to help deliver the experience on big screen living room devices, streaming media sticks, games consoles and set-top boxes. We are unique as a start-up environment with the resources of Amazon, so you would be joining an entrepreneurial and pioneering team that is building from scratch and innovating at speed.
You will be part of a team of software engineers, product managers and UX engineers launching new products and experiences for IMDb TV customers using "Living Room" devices. You will have a system-wide, architectural view of the solutions that you drive and own the challenges of delivering consistent software on multiple devices that may be constrained in memory and cpu performance. You will be involved in every aspect of the process: idea generation, business analysis, technical and architectural design; as well as software development using the latest technologies and design patterns. Our systems set the highest standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at unprecedented global scale, 24x7.
As a manager for IMDbTV you will be responsible for the client application on third party (3P) Living Room devices and the customer engagement workstream, where you will obsess over how much our customers use us, experimenting to encourage more consumption and innovating to improve on our core metrics. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit tens of millions of customers. This is very much Day 1 for IMDb TV so you would be joining an entrepreneurial and pioneering team that is building from scratch.
Your role will include directly managing, and growing, a team of highly motivated engineers fostering their career growth and developing a strong team culture, while defining and encouraging delivery against challenging goals to help us become earth's most customer centric ad supported premium free video service.
A successful candidate will possess a passion for tackling global technology challenges through building high performance engineering teams and inspiring them with a bold vision and direction.
As a part of this role, you will:
- Build and manage a team of Software Engineers.
- Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff.
- Interface with multiple teams to align on priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software.
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver value to customers.
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a technical field, such as computer science or engineering
• Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
• Experience forming teams and recruiting software engineers
• Experience developing careers with highly-skilled software engineers
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies
• Proven track record building high-performing software development teams
• Experience delivering global CX and services
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates. All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.