Software Development Engineer - Pyxis
Are you passionate about improving the way developers build applications? Do you find yourself making your own tools to get things done faster? Would you enjoy working on a platform that is fundamental to the way people develop software both inside and outside of Amazon? The AWS Pyxis team is seeking expert developers interested in creating the next generation of developer-centric tools. In this position, you will be part of a team that works across the entire Amazon organization to discover opportunities to improve on the development lifecycle for building and running software using Amazon Web Services. You'll work directly with teams who are using Amazon Web Services, and resolve challenges teams face with software. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to have an engineering leadership role with visibility across the organization.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• 3+ years of programming experience with using object-oriented programming languages such as Java or Python, Python is preferred.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
• Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux.
• Design and familiarity with noSQL databases like DynamoDB or MongoDB, DynamoDB is preferred.
• Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems.
• Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Passion for Amazon Web Services and cloud-based computing
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to work across multiple teams
• Experience contributing to or working with open-source software
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.