Software Development Engineer - Fire TV
DESCRIPTION In the Amazon Fire TV team, we are creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide. Be part of a fast-paced, agile and innovative team who is delivering new experiences to Fire TV devices in a startup like environment.
In this role you will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision, including innovation in the delivery and consumption of media and entertainment. We leverage cutting edge technology in client-app frameworks, big data, machine learning, optimization techniques and high availability services.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
• Lead the development of new innovative features and applications and initiatives across the organization.
• Investigate, prototype, and deliver new and innovative software applications.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
We are looking for passionate and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love.
You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Extensive professional hands-on experience in software development
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis)
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems
• Great programming skills with at least one modern language including object-oriented design
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.