Software Development Engineer - Alexa Imagine
DESCRIPTION Our focus in the Alexa Imagine group is to improve the multimodal customer experience on Alexa devices with screens. We do this by combining Computer Vision and semantic understanding techniques and applying them across large volume data. This allows Alexa to enrich spoken answers with multimedia assets (for example Images and Infographics) that are relevant, aesthetically pleasing and inline with Alexa image safety policies.
As a Software Development Engineer in a team with worldwide customers, you will invent, design and build software in ambiguous or complex spaces. You will own and drive the development of new solutions and improve the customer experience of our existing systems. You are a key contributor to team strategy, and you drive mindful discussions within your team.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Delivering high quality code on time as part of a cross-functional team.
• Delivering data analysis and insights.
• Contributing to team discussions around system component design, improvement and integration.
• Designing and developing high performance, test-driven code.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Extensive professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as; object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, Python.
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.