Software Development Engineer
Amazon Prime, described as "the best bargain in the history of shopping," is the membership program that provides a premium experience on Amazon.com in the US and multiple international locales. In the US, Prime includes: free two-day shipping benefits on over 20 million items, free unlimited streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows, free ad-free access to over a million songs, free unlimited photo storage and a Kindle book to borrow for free each month.
Amazon is looking for talented and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer to join the Prime team.
Software Development Engineers will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks that will define your success.
Some of the key job functions:
• Design, develop and deliver distributed software applications working closely with PM, TPMs and other technical teams covering multiple Prime products, features and services
• Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple Prime products, features and services
• Software deployment support in staging and production environments BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Possess sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
• Excellent problem solving skills. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development