Software Development Engineer
You will join the team that supports and develops the technology for our popular streaming features such as Live View, to connect customers to their Ring video doorbells and security cameras. Our goal is to ensure a fast and reliable streaming and playback experience, alongside building solutions and supporting new products that help Ring on their mission to make neighbourhoods safer.
A day in the life
This particular role is an opportunity to innovate on the customer experience and top feature performance for our cameras and doorbells. You will be part of a development team that will design, develop and test various technical options, and will take responsibility for the final set of services in production.
Your technical expertise will help the team to deliver a high performing experience that Ring's customers will love.
About the hiring group
At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security.
• Be responsible for the architecture, design, development and maintenance of our server-side streaming solution
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
• Lead architecture and design of new features, from conception to launch
• Help to improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
• Be part of an Agile development process to deliver high quality software
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Extensive experience with hands-on software development
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as; object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience working with distributed systems or applications
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting and problem solving skills PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with primary AWS offerings such as EC2, ELB, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
• Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture
• Experience with video streaming technologies such as WebRTC or HLS