Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on."
The team is chartered to design large scale systems that deliver Prime Video to massive audiences globally, and you will help bring customers' live streaming video experiences to a new level. You will develop services running on Amazon's cloud computing infrastructure (AWS) and have opportunities to interact with teams globally, inside and outside the organisation; plus, to work on a variety of video devices such as the Kindle Fire, Fire TV, Fire phone, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs, BD Players, set-top-boxes, and mobile devices.
Customer Obsession is at the heart of everything we do; you will need to have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, a high level of creativity, great analytical reasoning skills, and, of course, a passion for TV, Sports and movies.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with critical, 24x7 systems
• Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
• Experience developing web services, or other large scale distributed systems, that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience mentoring engineers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.