Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Come build the future of entertainment with us! Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at any time and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
A day in the life
We relentlessly emphasize quality, and take pride in engineering and operational excellence. We intend to build tools and services that stand the test of time and scale. You will own your work end-to-end, from design, implementation, and automated testing to documentation, deployment and maintenance. Your skill-set will become the leading edge in developer tools and test infrastructure software, and you will take pride in it.
About the hiring group
Amazon Prime Video Mobile is dedicated to building the best streaming video experience possible for Kindle Tablets, Fire TV, iOS and Android Devices. The Quality Platform SDK team is dedicated to ensuring that validating the quality of our applications is as streamlined as possible for developers.
If you are a developer who gravitates towards complex problems with complete autonomy over design and implementation, and willing to work on mobile apps/client and devices space - this is a perfect role for you.
We provide solutions that simplifies writing test automation for both iOS and Android applications. Thus off-loading some of the burden of test automation from our clients and expediting the development process as well while maintaining the quality standard.
• Work on and automatically analyze datasets large enough to hold every test result ever generated in Prime Video.
• Build infrastructure architectures that are resilient to frequent hardware upgrades and highly scalable and available.
• Interface closely with internal customers to quickly drive new products, new features and new ways forward.
• Be an evangelist and advocate of full-CD and operational excellence.
• Engage with the quality community at Amazon and bring to the team the best practices in tooling and test automation
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience in developing mobile applications on Android/iOS
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross-group, and great passion for team collaboration
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced, agile and in an ownership and results oriented culture.
• Experience in building client applications
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience in development on cloud based infrastructure
We offer a strong benefits package including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career, work in a unique environment, and be part of a passionate and international team to work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.