Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Amazon's Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide - and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
The Prime Video Financial Systems team is seeking talented Software Development Engineers to build world-class bespoke financial software to support our expanding global video business. Our mission is to provide frictionless on-boarding, management, and renewal of assets and associated contracts for all of Prime Video.
You will be involved in developing and maintaining a system that must efficiently handle large data volumes and highly confidential data. Because we deal with financial data, such as forecasting, budget management, accounting and payments the code we write must conform to high standards of accuracy and consistency. A successful candidate will have strong technical ability, great communication skills and an established background in developing full-stack, n-tier systems.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Highly proficient in modern Object-Oriented languages
• Experience building services with server and serverless technologies including AWS and Azure.
• Evidence of working with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization
• Experience designing systems, at any scale, from scratch
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with AWS technologies including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, RedShift, Amazon API, Lambda, Step Functions, SQS/SNS, and Cloud-Watch.
• Experience with Node.js and the NPM package ecosystem
• Experience using React
• Micro service architecture experience
• Cloud computing, large-scale, and high-availability distributed architecture
• Experience communicating with users and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.