Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. To meet the growing demand for AWS Services around the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people
Are you passionate about coding? Does the prospect of releasing application solving big impact business problems excite you?
We are looking for an experienced software developer who can build robust applications, pioneer new programs for our customers and help define the technological future at AWS. You use technology to solve straightforward problems, seeking input and guidance from team members. You may create or have responsibility to improve or invent small tools or applications. You are able to take a defined design and turn it into code and deliver it on schedule, applying appropriate technologies and current software engineering best practices. You write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects. You are proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is appropriate to use them (and when it is not).
What you'll do
As a software engineer in Amazon, you are expected to have technical ownership of your designs and services and influence good coding practices among your peers. Responsibilities include design, code, review, test, fix, research, deploy and maintain services and code in Amazon cloud production environments. Successful candidates will be strong developers who can prioritize well, develop at the highest standards in the industry, deal with ambiguous and non explored problem domains, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong experience in architecting and building multi-threaded, distributed systems
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, big "O" analysis and designing for performance, scalability and availability
• Outstanding problem-solving abilities and a clear commitment to making Amazon a great place to work
• Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between