Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
A day in the life
You will help us build tools and services that allow engineering teams across Prime Video to onboard and run conformance tests on TVs, set-top boxes, games consoles and streaming sticks in Amazon's labs in London and remotely in the labs of electronics manufacturers and TV operators, around the world. You will focus on making sure that customers can enjoy our great selection of content in the best quality, whatever their device.
About the hiring group
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our team with the mission to increase the delivery velocity and raise the quality of the Prime Video application on our customers' living room devices. You will work as part of an Agile team building a full stack platform based on event driven architecture, using AWS technologies (Lambda, Fargate).
We are a fast growing team so there are opportunities for growth and career progression. Our customers are both internal Amazon teams and external living room device partners across the globe so we get a lot of visibility and options to gather feedback from these customers. As an engineer on the team, you will be involved in the full software lifecycle - leading the design and iterating in an Agile manner through to release.
You will work as part of one of our small Agile teams, launching and growing new initiatives for Amazon's global business. As an engineer, you can be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment across a variety of technologies - giving you a real sense of ownership. Together we build systems which meet high standards of performance and reliability and operate at massive scale.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
• Highly proficient in at least one of Java, C++, C#, Objective-C.
• Evidence of working with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization.
• Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
• OS fundamentals and systems architecture.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
• Experience developing software in AWS
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Ability to work on a team with diverse experience and backgrounds
We offer a strong benefits package including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career, work in a unique environment, and be part of a passionate and international team to work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.