Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Amazon's Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel, renew at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers to join the Video Commerce Order Management team. The team owns Order management experience that reduces customer service contacts and build trust by providing customers with a trustful and consistent set of self-service order management experiences on all Prime Video devices in all marketplaces. Order management encompasses all customer experiences after a customer completes their initial transaction including cancel, refund, renew.
We leverage industry leading technologies to enhance customer experience on mobile, big screen, web browsers, Amazon and non-Amazon living room devices.
We are seeking strong team players with interest in developing reusable software components including user interfaces and building globally scalable solutions, good analytical skills and focus to solve customer problem, and of course, a passion for TV and films.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Computer Science fundamentals
• Evidence of working with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimisation, resiliency, availability and exception handling
• Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns
• OS fundamentals and systems architecture
• Cloud computing, large-scale and high-availability distributed architectures
• Experience working with Agile methodologies and using Agile practices
• Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills
• Solid written and verbal English communications skills
• Ability to work effectively cross-group and great passion for team collaboration
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Extensive knowledge and experience with Java and React native development
• Experience building complex distributed software systems including front-end that have been successfully delivered to customers, and are sustainably maintained and supported
• Knowledge of professional best software engineering and DevOps practices across the full software development life cycle, including coding quality standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and automation, chaos testing, deployment and pipeline management, service readiness and operations, maintenance and support
• Hands-on expertise in technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems
• Experience with AWS infrastructure and services
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.