Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Amazon Prime, described as "the best bargain in the history of shopping," is the membership program that provides a premium experience on Amazon.com in the US and multiple international locales. In the US, Prime includes: free two-day shipping benefits on over 20 million items, free unlimited streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows, free ad-free access to over a million songs, free unlimited photo storage and a Kindle book to borrow for free each month.
Amazon is looking for talented and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer to join the Prime team.
Software Development Engineers will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks that will define your success.
Some of the key job functions:
• Design, develop and deliver distributed software applications working closely with PM, TPMs and other technical teams covering multiple Prime products, features and services
• Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple Prime products, features and services
• Software deployment support in staging and production environments
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Possess sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Ability to understand technical specifications, distributed systems architecture and ability to deep dive on service/application logs.
• Ability to learn and continually improve their level of skills and knowledge about technologies and business.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Strong knowledge of data analysis and data querying concepts preferred
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal setting.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to deep dive to understand root cause of the issues
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve self-service tools and effectiveness.