Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Amazon's Selection Contribution Platform (SCP) team are looking for a passionate, talented and super-smart software engineer who innovates, loves solving hard problems and never takes no for an answer to join our growing team in London. Central to Amazons retail business, our high scale distributed systems hold the largest product catalog in the world, and manage data ingestion and processing from millions of external data contributors, Amazons own retail catalog, and Amazon internal customers including Kindle, Prime Video and Alexa. We drive Amazons growth by delivering innovative business and technical solutions that help drive up product selection for our customers, and continue to facilitate year on year growth in this dynamic, fast paced, ever growing business. We exist on the cutting edge of technical possibilities, pushing the boundaries of architectural thinking and distributed system design; We leverage the best of technology from across the industry, use the latest cloud computing technologies from AWS, where we help drive innovation for the benefit of Amazon and third party customers alike. Come and join our journey...
What you'll do
As a software engineer in Amazon, you are expected to have technical ownership of your designs and services and influence good coding practices among your peers. Responsibilities include design, code, review, test, fix, research, deploy and maintain services and code in Amazon cloud production environments. Successful candidates will be strong developers who can prioritize well, develop at the highest standards in the industry, deal with ambiguous and non explored problem domains, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong experience in architecting and building multi-threaded, distributed systems
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, big "O" analysis and designing for performance, scalability and availability
• Outstanding problem-solving abilities and a clear commitment to making Amazon a great place to work
• Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Masters in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between