Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers to join the Prime Video Financial Systems group. The team builds bespoke world-class financial software to provide frictionless onboarding, management, and renewal of assets and associated contracts for all of Prime Video's Subscription, Channels and Video on Demand for third party partners. We work closely with partner teams in the US and India, as well as several teams based locally in London.
As an Amazon software engineer in this team you will design, develop, test and deploy new features to automate financial processes. A successful candidate will have strong technical ability, great communication skills and an established background in developing full-stack n-tier systems. An interest in how we account for and manage the financials for a multi-billion dollar business would also be beneficial.
The successful candidate would be involved in developing and maintaining a system handle large data volumes (not large scale systems) and highly confidential data. Because we deal with financial data, budget management, accounting and payments the code we write must deal with accuracy and consistency.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. We're looking for engineers who can delight customers by continually learning and inventing. From day one, you'll be working with experienced engineers, designers and applied scientists who love what they do.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
• OS fundamentals and systems architecture.
• Cloud computing, large-scale and high-availability distributed architecture.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience developing financial or accounting software
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience communicating with users and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
We offer a strong benefits package including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career, work in a unique environment, and be part of a passionate and international team to work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.