Systematica Investments Limited (acting as general partner of Systematica Investments LP) is a Jersey-based hedge fund manager with c.US$10 billion in assets under management (AUM) across a diversified range of trading strategies. Systematica has a global presence, with over 100 staff members, and offices in Jersey, Geneva, London, Singapore, New York and Shanghai.
Purpose of Role
We are looking for an outstanding Software Developer to join the Execution Technology team.
All work is highly collaborative, you’ll be working as part of the team and directly with the Trading Desk and Research team to design and deliver software solutions to improve the firm’s execution capabilities as we expand into new markets, strategies, asset classes and regions.
- The work will be varied across the Execution Technology space and may involve working on our next-gen EMS, order routing systems, execution algos, connectivity to venues and brokers, market data feeds, bespoke multi-dealer execution systems for OTC assets
- The Execution Technology team build the platform, tools and algorithms that enable Systematica’s investment models. This includes the continued evolution and expansion of the firms bespoke multi-asset Execution Management System and in-house algorithmic execution capability.
On the backend we use Java, Aeron messaging and Aeron Cluster to build our high performance, fault-tolerant, real-time systems. On the frontend we use TypeScript, React and Openfin.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience building real-time trading systems at a hedge fund, investment bank or other trading firm.
- Expert Java Developer.
- Experience with FIX.
- A self-starter with a ‘gets things done’ attitude capable of taking projects from inception to completion.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- Experience with event-sourced architectures
- Experience with Aeron and Aeron Cluster.
- Collaborative – works with colleagues at all levels to assist with their queries and find solutions;
- Flexible – considers all matters on their own merit and not the status quo;
- Passionate – has a genuine desire to add value to the business at every level;
- Accurate – has attention to detail and applies checks to their work;
- Positive – exudes a can-do approach and ethos to all colleagues; and
- Consistent – offers the right advice every time.