Help our trading business build a Front Office risk calculation platform, using the latest cloud-based technologies and distributed stream techniques. Our trading technology division have embarked upon a greenfield programme which will deliver a new risk platform, capable of providing real-time as well as end of day risk calculations across all asset classes.
We're building this platform in-house, with a team of dedicated and highly skilled Engineers. You will be working with the latest technologies including AWS, Docker and Kubernetes and interfacing directly with the business. This platform will be used by our primary revenue generators. If you have worked in a similar environment that would be useful but isn't essential. Key Responsibilities:
Ideal Candidate will:
- Deliver well designed, testable, efficient code
- Active contribution in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Architect and build solutions from requirements and engage with stakeholders
- Enhance and maintain existing code base
Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Have Core Java or Python skills with at least a couple of years of professional experience
- Have good knowledge of object-oriented analysis and common design patterns.
- Be comfortable with working in Linux development environment
- Have hands-on experience with source control systems such as git
- Have hands-on experience with build and dependency management tools
- Be willing to work with various technologies
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Google, Azure), Containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- SQL/NoSQL databases and service-oriented architecture
- Hands-on experience with basic shell scripting and Python
We're looking for Engineers with a passion for technology and a desire to build systems that will revolutionise our business. If that sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you.
If you would like more information, please visit www.macquarie.com/careers About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.