Social Media Manager
- GBP350.00 - GBP450.00 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Advantage Resourcing
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
We're looking for an experienced social media manager to join, the role sits within the Digital Marketing Team and is responsible for managing all the company's social media activity, supporting the delivery of the social media strategy and planning and delivering content that is relevant, engaging and effective.
We're looking for an experienced social media manager, the role sits within the Digital Marketing Team and is responsible for managing all the company's social media activity, supporting the delivery of the social media strategy and planning and delivering content that is relevant, engaging and effective.
· Defining and implementing the social plan including setting KPIs and goals
· Scheduling social content and ensuring it is delivered optimally for the relevant platform
· Analysis of all activity to drive business objectives (this can include acquisition and brand measures).
· Responsible for all social activity, including strategy, analysis, production and publishing of content for social platforms.
· Management of stakeholders including internal teams and agencies to ensure activities are delivered on time and effectively
· Oversight of other team social media activity including management and training of the digital content publishing team
· Drive social innovation in the organisation, identifying new social platforms, creating a business case for its implementation and a plan for toll out. Test and learn from new initiatives.
Requirements and Experience
Successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Supporting the development of the group's social media strategy
· Defining the metrics for KPIs to drive measurable outcomes that will maximize engagement, influence and reach across digital channels through social
· Defining and delivering the social media programme of work. Including managing the day-to-day publishing across social channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
· Set up and manage the social content calendar and ensuring all content is delivered and published on time, and on budget
· Reporting on the social activity performance and use social media data to inform the wider business
· Chairing and participating in the Social Editorial Committees
· Ensuring all content is delivered and published on time, and on budget
· Working with internal partners to develop propositions and relevant business cases
· Managing internal content owners and suppliers for social projects
· Improving current M&G presence across social channels, seeking continuous improvements across social content/channels
· Create Social style guide and work with internal teams to ensure the content is on brand, relevant, up-to-date with marketing objectives and messaging
· Oversee daily community and moderation activity
· Undertake daily social listening activity to inform business and content owners
· Provide strategic advice to the various teams on how social can be used to drive engagement for campaigns and help raise thought leader profiles
· Identifying social media champions and nurturing them to make the most of employee advocacy.
- +8 years industry experience in social media.
Skills and experience required:
- Demonstrable and proven experience of managing social media activities within a commercial environment (earned and paid)
- Demonstrable understanding of the role social plays within a wider marketing mix
- Experience of managing social activities for both a B2B and B2C audience
- Expert knowledge of social channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Slideshare, YouTube
- Demonstrable project management skills
- High level of quality control and a good eye for detail
- Used to working with in-house and external providers
- Knowledge of creative and production content processes
- Proficient use of relevant social media tools, including Hootsuite and Sprout Social software, such as Excel
- Presenting skills
- MBA or marketing related degree
- Financial services experience
- FCA regulatory understanding
· Google Analytics
Soft skills required:
Exceptional communications skills
Good team player, and collaborative
Good understanding of the financial industry
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.