Role Summary We are seeking a passionate cloud security technologist to join and help build our rapidly expanding Hybrid Cloud Security Consulting & Delivery team. You will lead cloud security engineering teams assigned to client engagements to deliver cloud security solutions needed to support complex cloud-based applications. You will serve as a cloud security evangelist, visionary and consultant to provide technical guidance on cloud security architecture and engineering best practices.
- Lead cloud security engineering teams delivering hybrid cloud infrastructure solutions on client engagements and internal projects whilst providing thought leadership to steer solution design
- Provide thought leadership by authoring technical and opinionated blogs, articles and whitepapers
- Identify emerging security technologies and evaluate suitability to improve client solution or bolster firm’s offerings
- Balance best of breed technical implementation with the commercial schedule and work within budget imperatives
- Influence, engage, develop and manage stakeholder relationships on client engagement up to CxO
- Promote our services and identify client opportunities
- Participate in preparing client RFP/RFI responses and client proposals
- Prepare and deliver articulate and effective presentations/workshops/demos of our cloud offerings in client pre-sales meeting and large audiences at events such as Google Next, AWS re:Invent, community Meetups and internal talks
- Mentor junior engineers and peers with the opportunity to manage small internal teams
- Assist with the recruitment process to expand the team to meet increasing demand
- Maintain and expand deep cloud knowledge, industry trends, and best practices
Competencies and Skills Needed
- Certified in one or more cloud platforms: Google Cloud/Azure/AWS - Cloud Architect, Network Engineer and Security specialisations preferred
- Certified in one or more security neutral certifications. CISSP, CCSP, GIAC preferred
- Strong familiarity with modern application architectures and cloud platforms
- Practical knowledge securing cloud foundation services such as compute, network, storage, databases as well as build, deployment and operations services.
- Experience architecting and enabling cloud security services for hybrid cloud environments including IAM, account/resource access policies, key management, firewall rules and monitoring alerts.
- Practical knowledge of container and Kubernetes security and strong familiarity with multi-tenant architectures using service mesh (Istio, Consul)
- Applied knowledge of advanced security products for threat detection & intelligence, cloud workload protection and SIEM integration.
- Applied knowledge of DevSecOps principles and automated security testing techniques and tools
- Strong familiarity with adversary and intrusion techniques. Experience with threat modelling resources such as MITRE ATT&CK
- Experience hardening and assessing cloud resources following cloud vendor and neutral security frameworks and guidance such as CIS Benchmark or OWASP.
- Experience implementing cloud-native secret management and encryption engine solutions
- An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish rapport with people at all levels.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish and own a vision for our solutions.
- Organizational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Take a proactive approach to work, good with handling uncertainty and can manage their work without close supervision.
- A strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.