Site Reliability Engineer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. At Goldman Sachs, SRE is responsible for the availability and reliability of our firm's most critical platform services, and ensures they meet the requirements of our internal and external users. We look for engineers who are motivated to collaborate with our businesses to build and run sustainable production systems, which can evolve and adapt to changes in our fast-paced, global business environment.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Balance feature development velocity and reliability with well-defined SLOs
- Run the Production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Drive incident management process and support a blameless post-mortems culture
- Partner with development teams to improve services via rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding and / or systems engineering
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting
- Experience with algorithms, data structures and software design
- Experience with UNIX operating systems internals and / or networking
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with debugging and optimizing code, as well as automation
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership
- Coding beyond simple scripts
- Solving novel problems from first principles
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.