Site Reliability Engineer
- 160k-$200k + Profit sharing (0.25-0.5%) USD
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- International Digital Assets Exchange Ltd
- 10 Aug 18 2018-08-10
Interdax is building a 3rd generation digital asset exchange. Our team comes from top HFTs and exchanges like Nasdaq and NYSE, as well as from well known firms in the blockchain space. We are a well-funded project (8-figure sum) currently operating in stealth mode.
In this role you will work with production services throughout their entire life cycle, from design and architecture, through implementation, deployment, and sustained operation. As SRE you will be responsible for developing the infrastructure, tools, processes, and standards that will help the Interdax platform achieve the highest levels of performance, reliability, security, and operability.
- Engage in and improve the SDLC of services from inception, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Work with team members to shape the architecture and implementation of new and existing systems
- Enhance reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability of the Interdax platform
- Support services before they go live through system design suggestions, development of tools/frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Automation of deployment and configuration processes
- Participate in on-call rotation for supporting the most critical systems
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and supporting complex multi-tier, services based, production systems at scale.
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including microservices, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
- Ability to effectively decompose large systems, and develop a thorough understanding of component interactions.
- Experience in development / scripting of configuration and systems management.
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Technical experience with:
- AWS Cloud
- Databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB, Postgres)
- Microservice architectures, Service Mesh and related ecosystem (Kubernetes/Envoy/Linkerd/Istio/Nginx/HAproxy/Etcd)
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, Nomad, Rancher or similar)
- OS Orchestration (Chef, Puppet, Saltstack or similar)
- Message Bus systems (Kafka/Rabbitmq)
- Monitoring, logging and visualization (ELK, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Log management tools (ELK stack or similar)
- BS, MS or PhD in CS or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- An interest in financial markets and cryptocurrencies.
- Experience supporting reactive microservices
- Experience with High Performance Computing in a financial institution
Compensation and perks
- Competitive salary ($160k-$200k / year)
- Profit sharing (0.25 - 0.5%) Fully remote
- Flexible work hours Unlimited vacation policy Startup culture Team getaways