Berenberg was established in 1590, and today we are one of Europe’s leading privately owned banks, focusing on four business divisions: Wealth & Asset Management, Investment Banking and Corporate Banking. The Hamburg-based bank is run by managing partners and has a strong presence in the international financial centres of London, Frankfurt, New York and Zurich. More than 1,500 professionals are delivering a modern and efficient service, while maintaining a firm connection with our heritage and traditions. Our corporate culture is characterised by close ties to our clients, innovation and a commitment to forging lasting partnerships.
Our Transaction Services team is looking to develop and build upon its global team here in London and is looking to hire a Settlements Specialist to support an ever growing equities team.
Settlements Specialist - Securities, London
- Work with Trading desks to resolve trade booking discrepancies on a timely basis to meet SLA’s.
- Monitor intraday Custodian Settlement Pre-Matching Reporting
- Monitor daily Custodian/Broker failed trade reporting
- Monitor and escalate aged fails where appropriate.
- Resolution of Portfolio Management and Trade related queries
- Undertake regular risk analysis of departmental processes and procedures
- Undertake project work at the direction of team manager.
- Responsible for the instruction and settlement of Leveraged Loans and the management of all life cycle activities until maturity
- 2+ years experience within a securities settlements function
- As a specialist in equity securities, you are familiar with the entire settlement process in the UK Crest market.
- Experience of Euroclear settlement and the associated processes desirable.
- Back-Office experience of high volume Market Making/RSP trading.
- Excellent Stock and Cash reconciliations experience
- Must be proactive and have the ability to communicate and interact with the trading desks, as well as our counterparties, customers and depositories.
- Good understanding of cash management as part of the settlement process
- Manage the processing of Securities Lending
- Knowledge of Corporate Actions and Reconciliations desirable
- Review and clearing of any cash/stock breaks within designated timescales.
- Understand and identify trade discrepancies and risk optimization in the trading cycle
- Have the ability to improve and develop current settlement processes
- Excellent IT system skills e.g. MS Office. Neolink, Easyway, Fidessa, STM.
- Must be confident in own ability and have the flexibility to work within a team environment.
- Be able to work with large volumes and high pressure deadlines
Have we sparked your interest? Then please apply online.
Berenberg · Human Resources ·
60 Threadneedle Street ·