Server Support EngineerABOUT OCTOPUS
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 600 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we've established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Join a team of two other Network Admins and, together, mange all the infrastructure for a company of more than 600 employees.
- Configure and manage the office LAN/WAN.
- Manage our on-site and off-site server infrastructure.
- Plan and (hopefully not) execute our disaster recovery strategy.
- Manage leased lines and direct connections to cloud infrastructure.
- Manage our network routing, including DNS and BGP.
Skills & Requirements
- Network Support Experience in an Enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of virtualization, P2V in VMWare
- Strong knowledge of virtualization, P2C in AWS and Azure
- Strong Windows Server/Client skills
- Good Cisco Networking
- Good Active Directory/DHCP/DNS - Good Microsoft Exchange
- Good Powershell - Knowledge of Mimecast
- Good understanding of different types of computing and mobile hardware
- Flexible working hours.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
- Relaxed, creative environment.
- Stunning office.
Must have the right to work in the UK
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don't make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you've got a great idea, don't keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.