Senior Consultant - Technology & Data
EC1 Partners is working with a global FinTech that fuels the global capital markets community through the provision of trading technology and analytics solutions. As financial industry experts at the centre of markets and technology, they help their clients efficiently scale their business and quickly access markets, supporting them through the full trading lifecycle.
As the VP / Senior Network Engineer you will be responsible for the design, deployment and escalated problem resolution, for a large service provider network infrastructure. You’ll work with internal/external clients, operations / systems, financial exchanges, and other Network Engineers to design, automate, research and develop, investigate and solve system issues, and participate in business analysis.
What you will be doing:
- Design and deploy customer networks with automation, security, and operability as focus
- Strategize on methods to improve overall network infrastructure with a low-latency profile
- Support internal and external customer facing issues
- Construct valid configurations for implementation based upon design and/or technical concepts
- Support deployment and maintenance of network switches, routers, firewalls, and other network appliances
- Application of configuration changes via our change control systems and processes Installation of network hardware and software
What you will ideally bring:
- 7-10 years of experience working on network equipment in an ISP style environment or a large NOC
- 5-7 years of experience with Juniper, Arista, and/or Cisco hardware and software CCIE or JNCIE certified or equivalent level of knowledge
- Expert understanding and deployment experience in the following technologies:
- IP Protocols (ICMP, UDP, TCP) Firewalls (VPNs, Policies)
- Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Multicast Routing (IGMP, PIM) NAT (Static, Dynamic)
- Network Sniffers (TCP/IP Analysis)
- Keen to contribute ideas, share knowledge, and help others develop
- Interested in cutting edge technology
- Scripting in Bash or Python Familiarity with Linux
This is a great opportunity to join a company that works with modern technologies and has a global footprint. They offer a competitive salary + benefits. For more information please submit your application with your CV today!