Support the Head of Tax and external advisors, as well as managing direct reports (currently one,
with the view to this being increased), in respect of all tax matters including:
- Assist and advise on transactions undertaken by the group such as property acquisitions,
intragroup lease structuring, corporate restructuring, bank refinancing, working with
- Transfer pricing policy review / implementation of recommendations, working with
- Assist with Making Tax Digital for VAT, with support from VAT contractor
- VAT / CIS / payroll (P11D, PSA) and ATED compliance
- Corporation tax and non-resident landlord tax returns, working with advisors
- SDLT and NRCGT compliance
- Tax reporting, working with advisors
- Monitoring and advising on the impact of legislative changes
- Providing the business with tax forecasts to help inform good business decisions
- Responding to tax queries from the business
- Help to ensure business policies and processes keep pace with changes in operations
- Others as business needs dictate - the business is incredibly dynamic and candidates must be willing to learn at short notice.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Fully qualified CTA/ACA
- Experience of Corporation tax compliance
- Real estate experience - SDLT, non-resident landlord regime
- Experience of tax reporting (IFRS or UK GAAP)
- A high degree of computer literacy, with strong Excel spread sheet skills.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Experience of UK VAT compliance / advisory matters
- Experience of CIS compliance
- Experience of Transfer Pricing matters
- Experience with Sage/SAP desirable
With a team of over 200 and growing every day, Goodman Masson is one of London’s specialist Finance and Technology recruitment businesses. Voted ‘Best Recruitment Company to Work For’ in 2018, our passion for what we do is clear.
Based in London, Düsseldorf and New York, we hold annual revenues exceeding £42 million. This includes Qualified & Part-Qualified / Transactional Finance, Actuarial & Investment Management, Audit, Banking Operations, Compliance & Financial Crime, Front Office, Housing Development, Information & Cyber Security, Technology, Digital & Data, Product Control & Valuations, Projects, Change & Transformation, Risk & Regulation, Tax and Treasury.
We also have a Solutions team who provide RPO, hybrid and volume recruitment services. Alongside this, Goodman Masson have developed an Executive Search team who focus on sourcing C-suite talent to fee earning Legal partners.