Senior Treasury Manager
- £76,000 to £95,000 + 12% Car Allowance + Up to 40% Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Phoenix Group
- 13 Sep 17
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of being a key figure in a team of technical experts. Phoenix Group is the UK’s largest specialist consolidator of Closed Life Assurance funds. A member of the FTSE 250 Index, with a premium listing on the LSE and one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’ for the last 6 consecutive years, we have £1.7 billion of shareholder debt, 6.1 million policyholders and assets under management of £74 billion, including the recently acquired Abbey Life and AXA Wealth businesses.
With a broad remit within the department and reporting to the Deputy Group Treasurer, there will be a focus on the following:
- Assisting the Deputy Group Treasurer in development of the group’s funding strategy, involving analysis of peer group, cost of capital and capital structure, which will be a key component in the group’s funding plan and support the group’s acquisition strategy
- Responsibility for the management of c. £700 million of group liquidity, including development of the investment strategy, efficient management of working capital and management of counterparty risk
- Ensuring adherence to the group’s Risk Management Framework and in particular the Liquidity and Funding Risk Policy throughout the group including supporting the analysis of the liquidity risk of the asset allocation strategy and the monitoring and assessment of any breaches of policy, or areas of vulnerability and recommending improvements
- Negotiation of ISDA documentation
- Producing regular and ad-hoc reports including Pillar 3 reporting, monthly Group MI report and supporting the preparation of Board and Committee papers
We are looking for someone with the ability to (i) grasp new concepts quickly and form a logical evaluation; (ii) understand the underlying business and support the development of a funding strategy that meets commercial goals; and (iii) engage in technical discussions with Actuaries and Investment Professionals.
The breadth of this role will require a qualified Treasury Manager with several years’ experience and:
- Experience in management of a cash portfolio containing a range of instruments and a deep understanding of risk management and liquidity risk management
- Knowledge and experience of capital markets including derivatives and hedging strategy
- Proven analytical skills and good spreadsheet skills
- ACT/MCT qualified with a relevant degree
- Accounting qualification (desirable)
- Experience of life insurance sector (desirable)
In return, you can look forward to a great package, excellent conditions and a superb working environment, plus the chance to make your mark in a rapidly developing FTSE listed company.
To apply please visit our site via the apply button
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Monday 2nd October 2017