EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Senior Treasury Consultant
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
FIS is a global leader in financial services technology, in areas of retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, consulting and outsourcing solutions. Through the depth and breadth of our solutions portfolio, global capabilities and domain expertise, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and employs more than 53,000 people worldwide.
Senior Consultant within Professional Services, responsible for delivering training and consultancy during the implementation projects of our AvantGard Quantum and Analytics solutions, across our EMEA client base with a special strong focus and emphasis on Front Office and the Commodities product.
The candidate will engage with the treasury resources within the client’s business, in order to understand their overall commodities requirements and advise how the system can best be configured to meet those requirements. In order to operate at this level, you will need to display a thorough understanding of the AvantGard Quantum product.
The autonomy attached to this role requires an individual with initiative, and the ability to think through a problem to deliver a solution. This position will be recruited out of UK with regular EMEA travel, and report directly to the Managing Consultant.
• Execute Professional Services contracts by delivering predominantly on-site consultancy
• Provide Treasury expertise and resolve specific product issues
• Assist clients to configure licensed modules and deliver training as required
• Develop a sound understanding of the fundamental modules within at least one of the Treasury products
• Provide continual feedback to the project manager promptly highlighting any potential issues to allow a pro-active solution to be offered
Skills and Experience
• Wide commodity coverage, including Baltic FFAs and ETCs, Precious and Semi-Precious Metals, Rubber, Oil Derivatives;
• Strong Front Office exposure (particularly understanding futures trading and lifecycle; role of brokers, setup of contracts, final trading days, margin calcs, fees etc.);
• Excellent analytics valuations including custom valuations, average rates, option volatility smiles, currency basis spreads, CVA / DVA skills desirable;
• Reporting skills including complex exposure / hedging reports, relying on futures prices, commodity forward prices, and complex calculation logic to display the exposure of the marine freight business;
• Strong in typical risk management setup, including limits, scenarios, and VaR (each including a commodities / futures element);
• Market data, including complex areas such as Credit Ratings, as well as commodities futures price and uses in OTC valuations;
• Working with financial systems (preferably treasury) product management or development teams.
• Some experience in consulting and/or software application implementations in a Treasury or Banking context.
• Proven understanding of the Corporate Treasury space.
• Good knowledge and understanding of financial operational and business processes.
• Knowledge of Accounting practises.
• Knowledge of financial instruments (Commodities, FX, MM, IRS, FRA, Bonds, etc.)
• Awareness and appreciation of Treasury markets and clients within the region.
• Perfectly fluent in English. A second European language is an advantage.
• ACCA or AMCT qualification (or equivalent) preferred but not essential
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.