Senior Test Analyst (Pricing and Risk)
Department: Quantitative Strategies Development
Reporting to: Group Head of Pricing and Risk
Since launching in 1989, CMC Markets has become one of the world's leading online CFD and financial spread betting providers, with nearly 66.8 million trades executed annually across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America.
CMC Markets’ success is founded on its ability to deliver a wide range of trading products to customers, from single equities to indices, currencies and commodities. This means our clients don’t need to go to a forex broker, futures broker or a commodities broker to trade these different instruments, they can trade them all through one trading platform. CMC Markets has pioneered the development of online trading in markets around the world to become a world leading spread betting and CFD provider.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work alongside Quant Analysts, Developers and Test Analysts to review business and technical requirements and conduct automated testing in an agile, front office environment
- Build, maintain and improve automated test frameworks, execute automated testing and report test status
- Support the production and maintenance of automated functional, integration and regression test packs
- Conduct automated functional, integration and regression testing across all Pricing, Risk and Quantitative Strategies
- Provide help in investigating issues
- Train other team members on test automation
- Maintain personal/professional development to meet the changing demands of the role, including all relevant regulatory and legislative training
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong experience of coding in an OO development language
- Proven experience in a test automation role
- Experience of using story/bug tracking tools (e.g. Jira)
- Experience of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Team City, etc.
- Experience in source code control
- Experience of build tools such as Gradle, Maven, etc
- Can demonstrate a proven track-record of work in an Agile environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision, taking ownership of tasks large and small
- Experience or understanding of financial derivative trading
CMC Markets is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
KEY OBJECTIVES / KPIS
- TBC upon commencement of employment
- Team work
- Customer focus
- Resilience and adaptability
- Problem solving