Senior Technology Risk Specialist - Digital
End Date Salary Range
£65,925 - £87,900 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
The purpose of this role is to analyse, investigate and evaluate risk, develop policy recommendations, and challenge and advise the business to ensure risks are understood, mitigated and controlled.
Please note - The salary guide for this role is £55,800 to £105,480 per year, depending on experience and location.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading Digital Bank and biggest mobile bank with nearly 14 million active online customers across our three brands. Now that we have already created the market leader in digital banking, we are on a journey to create the bank of the future, for which we are investing £3bn across platforms, people and data capabilities to truly become the best bank for customers.
In COO Business Risk we help to deliver the Group's vision by executing day to day risk, control and monitoring related activities, focusing on Operational, Compliance and Conduct Risk. We are a first line of defence control function, responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective control framework, ensuring each business area is measuring, monitoring and controlling risks within their areas of accountability.
A key part of how we keep the Group safe is by embedding a strong risk and control culture across the business. The world is constantly changing and we have to continue to adapt and respond to new risks and heightened regulatory interest in areas such as IT Resilience, Cyber Security, Codes of Conduct etc. Do you have extensive experience in IT risk management?
If so, we're currently looking for an experienced Senior Technology Risk Specialist to join our team based in either London, Bristol, Manchester, Halifax, or Edinburgh. Sound like your kind of place?
Operating at a senior level, you'll deputise for Senior Risk Leads and will be a key contributor to both strategic and operational decision-making by providing insight, challenge and support. You could help make it possible...
You'll analyse, investigate and evaluate risk, develop policy recommendations, and challenge and advise the business to ensure risks are understood, mitigated and controlled. What would you be getting involved with?
- Build trusted and transparent relationships across COO Business Risk, providing education and facilitating the identification and proactive management of risks and controls.
- Prepare and interpret, with insight and information from multiple sources, recommendations for action, which also provide a basis for delivering challenging guidance and advice to influence decisions and behaviours in assigned business areas.
- Challenge and provide input into new agile approaches being explored by LBG and performs risk review, ensuring they remain within Group's risk appetite.
- Proactively manage, develop and maintain intra-group relationships across the Three Lines of Defence, e.g. Group Risk, Group Audit, to optimise results in areas of common interest.
- Undertake independent IT risk assessment activities to provide reliable, evaluation of risk management effectiveness and agree management actions with senior IT / business stakeholders to address issues identified.
- Be recognised by peers as a highly capable subject matter expert with the gravitas to act as a representative for the area.
- Perform systematic reviews of the team's work, providing constructive support and challenge, leading to the development of plans of action to resolve any identified issues.
- Support the business in maintaining a forward view of risk and defining relevant risk scenarios and risk identification activities, to mature the technology risk profile and risk management processes.
And the skills/background you'd possess?
- You'll bring passion for our values of putting customers first, keeping it simple, and making a difference together
- You'll love to solve problems and challenge the status quo with innovative ideas
- You're a highly motivated self-starter
- You'll have the ability to build strong collaborative relationships
- Demonstrable experience of leading operational and/or delivery risks working with Digital Toolkit (or associated technology organisation).
- Ability to critically think about problems in an innovative way, together with a strategic understanding of the project delivery change lifecycle and the information/IT and cyber security's fit within this.
- Experience of various agile delivery methodologies and the associated risks, with the ability to challenge and input into them.
We believe in supporting colleagues to achieve their potential - delivering the best outcomes for customers and society. And our scale enables us to offer genuine opportunities to have a fulfilling career, whatever your ambitions.
Making you feel valued is important to us so we offer a highly competitive reward package - based on acting responsibly, and demonstrating our values and ethics. In addition to the salary you can expect the following as part of your total reward package:
- On target discretionary performance-related bonus
- 4% of your salary paid to you in flex cash
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Car or cash allowance
- Life assurance
- Private medical care
- Share schemes
- Contributory pension contributions
Do you want to be part of an inclusive, values-based culture, passionate about making a difference? If you aspire to work in an innovative, digitally-led environment that moves at pace, join us for our journey and we'll help you fulfill yours.
We need talented people like you if we are to continue to innovate, collaborate and adapt to meet the on-going needs of our customers. Come and be a part of a Group that wants to be known for putting the customer first; a company that keeps it simple; a place where we make a difference together. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation. At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.