Senior Tax Analyst
DESCRIPTION Amazon is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to focus on UK income tax reporting and compliance. This position will primarily involve UK tax reporting (UK direct tax returns & tax accounting) as well as the international aspects of the US GAAP worldwide income tax provision. This position will also support the US and international tax controversy teams on audits and the international tax team on the compliance and reporting aspects of certain projects. This position will be based in London.
The primary job duties will include:
• External income tax reporting for Amazon's subsidiaries in the UK. This includes reporting under US GAAP for SEC reporting purposes, FRS102 for standalone financial statement reporting purposes and, UK tax compliance. This includes supporting the relevant accounting teams in preparing the tax provisions and disclosures for the financial statements, as well as other aspects of UK Tax Compliance such as Senior Accounting Officer certification.
• Income tax controllership and reporting function for subsidiaries in the UK (including tax compliance and cash tax management). This includes research and documentation of in-country tax technical and tax accounting positions.
• Functioning as the Reporting Team point of contact on certain business strategies, projects and transactions.
• Supporting the international tax and tax controversy teams on tax audits.
• Supporting the international tax compliance and reporting aspects of relevant acquisitions and integrations.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Demonstrable direct tax experience, including the preparation of Corporate Income Tax provisions and Tax Returns / filings with tax authorities.
• Significant experience in accounting for income taxes under US GAAP, IFRS, or equivalent accounting standards.
• ACA / CTA qualified (or equivalent)
• Fluency in English.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Previous industry or Big 4 to mid-tier experience.
• UK Direct Tax experience, including the preparation of UK tax provisions, tax returns and filings with HM Revenue & Customs.