We have a great opportunity at a great company based in London for a Senior Systems Engineer.
Our client provides critical software to the foreign exchange market.
Work with the brightest engineers at with a wide range of banks, broker, and hedge fund. As a Senior System Engineer, you will be responsible all aspects of a highly available low-latency infrastructure, supporting both external clients and our internal teams. You will help to maintain and improve highly resilient infrastructure and build our next generation fully automated PaaS infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 4+ years managing, maintaining, and optimizing trading infrastructure.
- Strong Linux system administration e.g., RedHat/Ubuntu.
- Troubleshooting skills in large enterprise level, low-latency, 24/7 systems.
- Experience using clusters e.g., Pacemaker.
- Low latency networking experience e.g., SolarFlare, Arista.
- Implemented monitoring and deployment tools e.g., Centreon/CheckMK/Puppet/Ansible
- Used Python and shell scripting to automate your work.
- Attention to detail in documentation of incidents, changes, project and overall system design and implementation to provide to clients and regulators.
- Building/maintaining internal PaaS e.g., OpenShift.
- Database administration and querying with PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Managed infrastructure with FX related clients and venues.
- Managed networks with low-latency connectivity to futures venues (e.g. CME).
- Ability to conduct ad hoc maintenance of network devices.