Senior Systems Analyst (Trading)
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our evolving and expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We are focused solely on creating the best-in-breed tools used by our investors to conduct research and build portfolios. We build a seamless and cohesive platform across all asset classes. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients. JOB OVERVIEW
Wellington's Trading Systems Support
team are seeking a Senior Systems Analyst
to join the team that provides support to all of Wellington's Trading Desks: Fixed Income, Currency, and Equity. This individual will work closely with Traders, electronic trading, matching vendors, sell-side integration teams, trading operations as well as other teams across the organization both regionally and globally ensuring efficient daily operations and controls. Qualified applicants must possess a strong knowledge of technology, trading, and financial services. Candidates must also possess excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, willing to work in an energetic, fun, fast pasted and team-oriented group. The ability to manage multiple priorities is required. This position requires weekend on-call rotation and special project shift coverage. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct support of Traders including troubleshooting issues impacting the desk or the ability to trade
- This must be accomplished by working with more senior members of the Trading Support team to develop acceptable solutions in an appropriate time frame prioritizing for risk
- Champion the needs of the business partners; act as their fiduciary
- Partner closely with the Development and Business Analysis teams to identify and solve bugs and to provide system enhancements
- Work actively with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable and high quality business solutions
- Develop a deep expertise of Wellington's proprietary Global Trading System (GTS) and related datasets and stay abreast of changes while providing training to the traders and/or assisting them with their workflows
- Provide timely and accurate status reporting communications of issues within IT and Global Trading
- Strict adherence to SOC1 requirements, Incident Management processes and documentation Incident/problem management, including follow through using the ITIL framework
- This includes managing production incidents to ensure appropriate escalation, assist in determining root cause
- Provide Level 1 (and some level 2) support of proprietary and 3rd party applications running on Wellington trading desks
- Partner with internal IT Controls team and external auditors for time sensitive audit requirements
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications?
- 3 to 5 years of frontline technical support experience in Financial Services, supporting Equity, Fixed Income and Currency Trading
- Knowledge of execution platforms such as Bloomberg, TradeWeb, MarketAxess. Liquidnet, and FlexTrade
- Understanding of financial instruments such as equities, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, and FX
- Deep hands-on experience in SQL or other relational data languages is required
- Experience with JIRA, Wiki, ServiceNow, and AWS
- Experience with FIX, EMS, ECNs, or other electronic trading platforms
- Ability to successfully interact with Traders in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a global team, in a fast-paced, business-critical environment
- Proactive analytical and problem-solving skills in investment management systems and data technologies
- High attention to detail and strong commitment to delivering quality, professional work is essential for this position
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance, or a related subject
Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60%
of the criteria. Yet, women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply.
We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .