Senior Support Analyst
- GBP70000.00 - GBP75000.00 per annum + package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Jan 18 2018-01-12
A Senior Application Support Analyst is requried by a leading investment management firm in London. You will be the lead on several projects and must have experience in integration and scheduling technologies.
Key Tasks and Competencies:
- Organise and arrange the provision of integration and batch support within the hours required on a shift rota basis. These may change as the nature of the business and its operating model changes.
- Be available for out of hours support on an on call rota basis subject to prior agreement.
- Be available for planned weekend work by prior arrangement and agreement.
- Provide and lead systematic problem management including communication, resolution, post mortem, remediation and prevention with relation to the relevant applications.
- Work with Change and Change Management to mitigate change risk during implementation of new software and processes.
- Ensure the Support knowledge base (system documentation, run books for incidents etc.) are continually reviewed and updated, especially after significant events.
- Work with Change, IT Infrastructure and application vendors to maintain short and long term outlooks for the application environment. Use these to manage expectations and potential conflicts.
- Assist in managing application vendors; not the strategic relationship, but technical liaison: fault diagnosis, impact analysis of change, performance monitoring and holding to account.
Management and strategy
- Strive for continuous improvement through incident and process review, soliciting feedback, keeping abreast of best industry practise
- Guide and mentor team members to provide timely, knowledgeable, accountable customer service.
- For junior staff, where appropriate, set objectives and carry out appraisals in accordance with company standards.
- Work with the Manager, Production Services Data and Service Transition team to ensure a smooth transition into service of new and changed applications, and to improve the transition process.
- experience in a fund management company as a Support Analyst / Support lead and have an excellent understanding of integration and scheduling technologies.
- experience in the support and maintenance of a wide range of applications used to support the business activities at the firm.
- familiarity with ITIL Service Transition best practise
- knowledge of container based deployment platforms
- excellent diagnosis and fault finding skills
- ability to understand complex workflows
- demonstrable competence in navigating relational databases, understanding messaging and middleware, portfolio management, analytics, trading and data management systems
- excellent verbal and written communication skills