Senior Solutions Architect - Healthcare
Are you passionate about helping Healthcare organisations in the UK Public Sector innovate and transform using cloud technology? Do you have both broad and deep knowledge of ICT infrastructure and application architectures, and experience of working in healthcare? Do you have a knack for helping customers to build a deep understanding of new technologies and paradigms, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch cloud-empowered projects on trajectories to success? Are you knowledgeable about security and compliance best practices for applications and their supporting infrastructure?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly skilled and motivated Solution Architects to help accelerate our growing Public Sector Healthcare business in the UK. Organisations in this sector face huge challenges to improve and integrate the care provided to patients, with limited resources. You will be part of a dynamic and highly supportive team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to public sector leaders who want to serve patients more effectively and focus more of their time and resources on their core organisational mission.
As a Healthcare Solution Architect within the broader AWS Public Sector team, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on strategy to build mind-share and broad usage of AWS' utility computing services (such as Amazon HealthLake, AWS Glue, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon RDS, Amazon Lex, Amazon API Gateway, AWS Lambda, Amazon Comprehend Medical, etc.) within Public Sector Healthcare organisations and the surrounding organisations that support them. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement with those customers at all levels, removing technical account management barriers, defining implementation and transition architectures, contributing to RFI and RFP responses, and helping customers achieve success both in specific technical projects and their overall technology strategies that support their broader mission. To achieve those goals - and building on your broad background and technical breadth and depth in security, application architecture, and infrastructure - you will grow your expertise in all AWS technologies, and a deep understanding of how customer applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS cloud.
The ideal candidate will...
• Enjoy working with public sector customers and partners.
• Have a passion for designing and guiding the build of cloud computing architectures for the UK's Public Sector Healthcare organisations to accelerate and scale innovation, reduce costs and drive efficiency, and for educating and enabling the people who work in and with them to do the same.
• Have a strong understanding of UK Public Sector Healthcare mandates, security, standards, and compliance for designing large-scale cloud computing solutions.
• Have a broad background working as an architect, with plenty of hands-on experience. You will enjoy building and expanding your technical skills, to the point of being able to lead deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud.
• Regularly draw on these skills to take part in and lead deep-dive education and technology design exercises to create innovative, secure and robust solutions for Public Sector Healthcare organisations and the AWS partners who work with them, including systems integrators and ISVs. You will be happy to roll up your sleeves, get into the detail, possibly write demo / proof of concept code, and generally do what it takes to help customers achieve technical success on the AWS cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with account management and business development counterparts to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS cloud.
• Closely collaborate with broader AWS account management teams, and support and promote AWS Consulting and Technology Partners in order to deliver maximum value to customers.
• Assist solution providers working with Public Sector Healthcare organisations to define and implement technical and business strategies that will enable them to provide greater value for customers on the AWS platform.
• Develop and deliver compelling presentations, discussions, product demos, sample solutions, blog posts, and white papers to drive awareness and adoption of AWS in UK Public Sector Healthcare organisations.
• Gain industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panellist and keynote speaker at AWS and third-party technology conferences, trade shows and press events.
• Capture and share best practice knowledge with the broader AWS Solution Architecture community, both in the UK and worldwide.
Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals in the UK and EMEA, especially Public Sector Healthcare and allied organisations.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS The ideal candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills enabling them to be the technical "face" of Amazon for both end customers and solution providers. They will have the ability to drive discussions with senior organisational stakeholders, as well as the technical background to interact easily with and give guidance to software developers, IT professionals, and architects in Public Sector Healthcare organisations and the commercial organisations they work with. The candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. The right person will:
• Be highly technical and analytical, with significant experience of software development and/or analytics and/or ICT infrastructure, including some background in UK Public Sector Healthcare.
• Have advisory/consulting experience (including some with Public Sector customers).
• Have strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations and virtual teams.
• Have business-fluent English.
• Have executive speaking and presentation skills, including experience of delivering formal presentations (to both large and small groups), and white-boarding sessions.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS The right person will:
• Have experience working in software development or Internet industries.
• Understand application architecture, infrastructure, analytics, security and Healthcare compliance.
• Have a technical degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Health Informatics or Mathematics.
• Have a working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
• Be AWS-certified (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate).