Senior Software Tester
- GBP40000 - GBP50000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Global Reach Group
- 12 Oct 18
Looking for an Agile Senior Software Tester with exposure to Financial Services, Agile SCRUM, JIRA and SQL to join a dynamic technology team!
The main objectives of the role are:
Ensure quality is at the forefront of our delivery process, from backlog to development to testing to delivery
We don't believe that QA is there to service the developers, but that it has an identity of its own. With that identity comes responsibilities and power. We believe that quality isn't something that's checked just before delivery, but something which is built into the design and development, working collaboratively with the wider IT team.
Engage with the development team through the adoption of Agile working practices
The business is transitioning to Agile (Scrum) from an informal Agile adoption mixed with a fair bit of Waterfall. Applicants must have worked in an Agile environment, with sprints, backlogs and regular delivery. Ideally, they would also have been on a similar journey, part of a team which learnt how to embrace Agile. This becomes particularly important when considering sprint planning and retrospective sessions.
Engage with the wider business through clarifying requirements and performing feature demonstrations
A senior tester is expected to be able to do more than follow a test plan, navigate a web interface and push buttons. Our ideal candidate will be experienced at giving demonstrations to business stakeholders, showing the implementation of their vision. We believe the only way that this can be done confidently is if everyone is on the same page with respect to requirements and expectations; you'll be expected to raise any questions you have, know where to find the answers, and have meaningful relationships outside of the Tech team.
Encourage the growth of our less experienced testers
We are passionate about giving employees the opportunity to grow professionally. Obviously this will impact on you, as we look to see what direction you see your career going and work with you to realise your goals. But it also means that you will have responsibilities to the more junior members of the test team, helping them to realise their goals. This is the basic tenet of all members of the IT team, and one with which you must be familiar.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish quality assurance procedures for the business's software through the development lifecycle.
- Perform manual testing on the business's various software solutions including web apps, desktop apps, APIs, windows services and mobile apps.
- Create and execute end-to-end test plans and cases.
- Creating and maintaining full documentation of the testing processes.
- Create and execute test scripts that determine optimal application performance according to the business's requirements.
- Collaborate and work closely with the tech leads in software testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Perform database testing in MS SQL including validating stored procedures, jobs and triggers.
- Design and assist in building test automation architecture.
- Participate and provide input on go/no-go decisions for production releases.
EXTRAS WHICH WILL GET YOU NOTICED
- Experience in software development for Financial services, ideally Foreign Exchange Payments
- Experience in working in small to medium size development teams, especially for FinTech companies
- Exposure to test automation
- Exposure to BDD or similar
- Mastery of Jira
- Use of Zephyr or similar tools for test case collation and management
- Enhanced testing through browser development tools
- Branch and system control in a CI/CD environment
- Agile SCRUM methodology experience
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist and collaborate with the IT team in relation to system development and software evaluation
- To work effectively and report (where necessary) to the Directors and / or for the Board
- To act as a thought loader in the area of Software Testing
- Promptly escalate issues, which affect delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence and report same to reporting manager.
- Adhere to company project standards and guidelines.