Description .Net/Java and Oracle Developer Description:
The selected candidate will join the CME Engineering and Execution team in London as a Senior Software Engineer, supporting the Enterprise Services Dissemination Systems team. This global team is a high performing group responsible for the dissemination of CME's reference data to consuming systems.
The team is responsible for the support and delivery of innovative, efficient and scalable software engineering solutions that expand the availability reference data across CME Group both internally and externally. Key to the role is assisting the technology delivery and strategy to accelerate time to market delivery through application re-architecture, improved quality processes and continuous delivery automation.
Internal mobility and flexibility are a key part to our agile approach to technology delivery. The successful candidate, throughout their career, will form a key part in driving our success across technology, and will find opportunities to work in a variety of projects and technologies, beyond their initial team and specialism. Principal Accountabilities
- Support and Maintenance of the existing in-house systems.
- Applies strong knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL (including views & stored procedures) and either Java or .Net in independently designing and developing key services.
- If the individual's key expertise is with Java they should have some experience of .Net development or vice versa.
- Builds consensus on detailed design and architecture plans for a variety of efforts from large to small.
- Authorative contributions to code reviews via PR process, ensuring good practices adhered to as well as identifying potential issues
- Plays a role in preliminary story review, providing constructive feedback and input on both work effort estimation as well as architecture/design improvements.
- Plays a lead role in working with analysts to interpret high level requirements for a variety of initiatives and decomposing them into independent testable stories and sub-tasks where appropriate.
- Expected to develop a network of relationships within the organization to achieve results and to effectively communicate vision and status both within/across teams as well as to management
- Drives continuous improvement efforts by identifying and championing practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality products (i.e. - process improvements/automation opportunities).
- Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile SDLC methodologies including BDD/TDD practices
- Knowledge of ER Data Model design, optimization and data validation techniques including hands on with database objects like Tables, Indexes, Partitioning, Materialized Views, external tables, etc.
- Analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to embrace and learn new technologies and skills.
Key Technologies in Role
- CI/CD processes using Bamboo/Jenkins
- Prior experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools.
- Understanding of Kafka event streams
- Cloud Computing experience preferably with GCP.
- Oracle Database include PL/SQL
- .Net Framework specifically C#.Net, WPF and WCF
- Java JDK
- GCP (Google Cloud)
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.