We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the T. Rowe Price Multi-Asset Technology team where the goal is to deliver the next generation of technology capabilities. In this role, you will craft, develop, modify, adapt, and implement short- and long-term solutions to multi-asset technology needs through new and existing applications, databases, and infrastructure. You will review and interpret system requirements and business processes as well as code, test, debug, and implement software solutions.
You will also:
- You will design and build an AWS-based application suite for the Multi-Asset group
- Add and improve user-facing functionality for our analysts, such as resolving/setting investment allocations and handling the order lifecycle
- You will work with business partners and analysts to prioritize the requirements and features
- Work with technology peers across the company in design and implementation
- Lead projects or work streams
- Be accountable for your work and sometime
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
- Performing as a domain specialist in one or more parts of the software lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, deployment). Leads significant pieces of development within the development lifecycle
- Contributing to the development of standard methodologies within your group
- Leading code reviews and actively participates in providing feedback on others’ designs/code
- Being accountable for technical debt in your own software
- Leading a small project team, as required
- Taking control of sophisticated problems and step through them in a rational way
- Making tactical vs. strategic trade-offs
- Being flexible in your thinking; able to evolve a solution when additional information or ideas are presented
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Identifying when junior engineers need help and providing it in a positive way that promotes confidence.
- Actively helping team members/make suggestions to improve practices.
- Decisions show a focus on current and future business priorities, together with fiscal responsibility
- Can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Typically requires a BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related field of study and 6+ years of progressive professional experience
- Stays up to date with new technologies
- 2+ years of React UI development (React) UI development (min 2 years)
- 5+ years of Kotlin / Java / Python backend development (min 5 years)
- Proficient in Database querying and designing for relational DBs (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Develops data models or schemas from scratch and knows of key concepts such as ACID, Normalization, and Transactions
- Proficiency in cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Shows dedication to quality by implementing suitable software using unit/integration and acceptance testing at the time of feature development
- Debugs large components with limited assistance and assists other specialists
- Designs and develops practical APIs and abstractions.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.