- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Mar 18
Senior Software Engineer (C#.NET)
Location: London, England, United KingdomWe are looking for a talented C#.NET developer with a passion for great software design to join the European structured finance desk in London and work on greenfield data-oriented projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail and enjoy collaborating with stakeholders to see projects through to completion. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a major player in the global capital markets and get exposure to the multi-trillion dollar securitisation market.
Our development teams are mainly located in New York and San Francisco. This position has been created as part of a strategy to increase our development capacity on the ground in London, to drive forward projects that will support the continued growth of our European securitisation business.
- Developing C#.NET server processes and applications
- Working with MSSQL databases
- Optimising and debugging code
- Collaborating with financial engineers
- Develop reusable frameworks/components. Researching and building POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and independently manage time. Has superb analytical skills and persistence in problem solving.
- Drive adoption of new technologies to help us build better products
- Work with minimal guidance from senior team members
We also undertake application development in NodeJS, AngularJS, VBA and C++ so a candidate interested in expanding their technical skillset could have opportunities to do so on the job.
The Content Solutions - Structured division of Moody's Analytics creates award winning software, comprehensive datasets and transparent models for the securitization market. Our platform is widely recognized for its unique abilities to support detailed analysis of the most sophisticated structured debt products. Our clients vary from regional banks to Tier I investment banks to hedge funds who structure, manage, and invest in the structured finance market. Our data content reflects past performance of transactions as well as models of the structural rules (waterfalls) governing them. Our analytic models allow customers to analyse the performance of these securities for pricing, trading, and risk management purposes. Our teams in South San Francisco, New York, London, and Tokyo support over 100 clients globally.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of C# including LINQ.
- Good knowledge of T-SQL and SQL Server.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working on data ETL systems is desirable.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) design and implementation
- Experience with standard dev tools: Jira, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.